Cranberries, kale, goji berries and spinach! We’ve all heard countless times that these foods are considered highly nutritious and are often referred to as “Superfoods!”
I personally know how my body reacts to food because I pay close attention to how I feel after I eat all types of foods.
If I feel bloated, lethargic or moody, I know my body does not need that particular food and I avoid it at all costs.
On the contrary, there are foods that make me feel great. I have energy and I’m happy and satisfied. Then I know my body loves and needs those foods.
Through becoming in touch with how I feel after I eat I have come up with my TOP 5 “Superfoods” that make me feel amazing and I never miss a day having them.
Here is why:
- Goji berries – These orange-red tangy berries have been used by Chinese herbalists for centuries to treat visual ailments and poor circulation and to help boost the immune system. They are high in vitamins A and C and fibre a great source of calcium and antioxidant beta-carotene and phytochemicals. I include on top of cereal, yogurt, oatmeal or even in my shakes.
- Cocoa Powder contains flavonoids, which are known to help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow to the brain and heart. Choose the raw or non-alkalized version, which contains all the phytochemicals and antioxidants. I add a scoop to protein shakes or my oatmeal.
- Chia Seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet. They are loaded with nutrients that can have important benefits for your body and brain. Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and calcium. I include these on everything! Salads, homemade burgers, oatmeal, protein shakes and the list goes on…
- Hemp Seeds are high in protein and contain all the essential amino acids needed for growth and repair. Hemp seeds also have a desirable ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids and are a good source of amino acids, magnesium, and potassium. They have a very mild taste, so you could add them to soups, salads, pilafs, or pesto. I also add them to salads, shakes, yogurts and oatmeal.
- Coconut has a high fibre content, which makes you feel full longer and helps regulate elimination. They’re rich in lauric acid, which converts to monolaurin. Monolaurin is the compound found in breast milk that strengthens a baby’s immunity, and a great deal of research has been done to establish the ability of lauric acid to enhance immunity. They also offer high levels of manganese, potassium, and phosphorus. I add coconut shavings to any sweet healthy baking treat, salads, yogurt, avocado chocolate pudding and my fruit smoothies. YUM!
I eat a lot more superfoods like fruits and veggies, flaxseed, omega 3 rich fishes and oils but these top 5 are my staple.
What I love even more?
That these top 5 Superfoods are now in an ALL-IN-ONE organic whole food blends. I don’t have to mix and add them all separately, they are ground and combined for me.
I add 1-2 tbsp to whatever I want and voila!
They are so versatile and flexible and I can bring the container with me for an extra nutritional punch to any meal.
My son, Jackson also loves it on his fruit, yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast…it’s an awesome way to get some healthy fats in your kiddos diet.
I believe in enhancing my life nutritiously and that’s why Superfoods are so important to me and my family. They contain high levels of necessary vitamins and minerals and are a source of antioxidants, that can help shield our bodies from cell damage and help prevent disease.
How can we not add this goodness into our diets!?
Now I’ve given you an easy way…
Give Smile Wholefood Blend a try and let us know how you feel.