I love being a Mom, it’s the biggest gift and blessing I’ve ever received.
I think as women we build up the perfect picture of what Motherhood should be, while trying to do it all ourselves, not taking time for ourselves and on top of it all trying to look amazing while doing it, sound about right?
Why are we so darn hard on ourselves?
I’m guilty of this but I have a few rules that I live by to help me replenish my soul and keep me on track to be my best self and Mom to Jax.
1. Cut TV time and get to bed early so I can wake up before Jackson and enjoy a cup of coffee and a book or creative writing time in silence.
2. I weight train 4 times a week and go on a daily walk with my boy.
3. I plan a date night with my hubby once a week.
4. I listen to a podcast while having a mani-pedi.
5. I garden (I usually have a black thumb but my flowers look good this year…I’m learning!)
6. I write my to-do list and schedule for the next day (every night).
7. I try to play with Jackson at the park daily.
8. I eat a nutritious dinner with my husband and son (even though Jackson spits everything out now🙈).
9. I reward myself with new gym clothes, not food!
10. I never weigh myself.
Those are a few of my rules, they are not for everyone but they’re mine.
What are yours?
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter for more more fit tips, recipes and daily inspiration – become a better you!
Thanks for the tips below. A little while back you had an announcement that invited folks to like and sign up for your blog, upon which you would send an example daily diet from one of your clients to those who did. I liked the blog, and I’m already signed up but haven’t received a copy of the daily menu. I reached out about it on Facebook and someone replied on your behalf, but I am still waiting for that email with the daily menu. Could you please share it again? Perhaps the email went into my junk. Thanks!
Best regards, Magda
I’m so sorry for the late reply on this. Can you please send me our email?