Salt often gets a bad rap…
I’m certain we’ve all heard someone say that we have to cut out sodium to avoid cardiovascular disease to be our healthier but, in actual fact, salt is an extremely important electrolyte and essential mineral for us. One of the health benefits of sodium is the integral role it plays in enzyme operations, muscle contraction and also its importance for fluid homeostasis maintenance within the body. Some other health benefits of sodium include improved heart performance, nervous system regulation, and glucose absorption.
Personally I’m an advocate of all quality food sources and I never believe in cutting anything out completely. What is bad food anyway? If we label something bad, we either feel bad when we consume it or we want it more. The solution to this is to learn about food and have deeper understanding of it by learning about the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to feel our best. Ask yourself, “Are there better choices and how can I incorporate these sources into my diet?”
As a Nutritionist, I opt for the very best quality and when talking salt I choose to cook with Himalayan pink salt from Kii Naturals. Himalayan salt, also known as ‘white gold’, has 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body (talk about health benefits!). This form of salt has also been maturing over the past 250 million years under intense pressure in an environment of zero exposure to toxins and impurities.
Because of this salts rich and varying minerals and energy-rich iron content, there are many reaping benefits for us. Here are just a few:
- Normalize the volume of blood in the body, and regulate fluid pressure, including blood pressure within cells
- Regulates metabolism
- Promoting stable pH balance in the cells, including the brain.
- Encouraging excellent blood sugar health
- Aiding in reducing the common signs of aging
- Promoting cellular hydroelectric energy creation
- Promoting the increased absorption capacities of food elements within the intestinal tract
- Aiding vascular health
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Reducing cramps
- Increasing bone strength with traces of calcium and magnesium
- Naturally promoting healthy sleep patterns
- Circulatory support
- Promotes kidney and gall bladder health
I sprinkle a little Himalayan on pretty much everything but one of my favorite snacks is a simple bowl of freshly steamed edamame, that I’m currently eating now, dusted with coarsely ground Pink Himalayan Salt by Kii Naturals. Delicious!!!
Give it a try 🙂