I love how this recipe has only THREE ingredients and one of them is coconut (my absolute fav!).
Coconut has been a superfood by many cultures around the world and the saturated fat in coconut is a fat that is rarely found in nature known as Lauric Acid. This type of fat is like a miracle ingredient because of all the health promoting properties.
Our body converts lauric acid into monolaurin, which has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-protozoa properties which help with viruses like HIV, herpes, measles and the common cold and flu. Coconut is also amazing for our hair, nails, skin, metabolism and supports the health and proper function of our thyroid.
So while these macaroons are quick and deliscious they’re also a powerful package of nutrients.
- 3 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 2-3 tbsp Maple Syrup or sweetener of your choice
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Spray a muffin tin with coconut spray
- Mix shredded coconut, egg whites and syrup together until combined
- Press mixture into muffin tins (fill each tin half way and push down firmly)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges turn a light golden brown
Hmmmm…maybe next time I’ll add a little dark chocolate?
Give them a try and let me know how you like them by leaving a comment below 🙂