1. Schedule your workouts in your phone – Everyone is busy this time of year but we still need to make time for our fitness. If you can’t get to a gym try my 30 minute circuit at home – repeat 3-5 times!
50 Jumping Jacks
15 push ups
30 lunges – alternating legs
70 Mountain climbers
Hold Plank for 30 seconds
2. Drink Water – With all the extra cheats here and there plus the added cocktails it’s important to keep up your water consumption to 4 litres per day. Water will flush out added salt, sugar and fats and avoid dehydration from alcohol. It will also keep your energy levels up so you can enjoy the holidays to the fullest 🙂
3. Enjoy! – Holidays are a time to relax and enjoy with your loved ones so don’t deprive yourself. Eat and be merry and don’t dwell on the added calories. Have faith in yourself and your plan that you WILL get back on schedule and make up for the ‘fun festivities’! No guilt here, just more motivation!
4. Stop checking your scale weight – When you are indulging it is 100% normal to go up a few pounds on the scale, this is not added fat it is water retention. Our bodies will hold onto more water when we are eating more goodies, so if we can gain water quickly that means we can lose water quickly…no need to get your panties in a bunch!
5. Walk – Bundle up and enjoy a festive walk. I like to walk around my neighborhood and admire all the beautiful Christmas lights. Why not make it a family affair and get out of the house for 30-40 minutes. This will get your heart pumping and endorphins going making you feel happy and energized!
From the bottom of my heart I wish you all a very happy holidays!
Coach JVB xox