Swiss Chard and Goat Cheese Roll-Ups!
Green, greens, greens – the darker the leaves the better!! Try my tasty ‘Swiss Chard and Goat Cheese Roll-Ups’, they are to die for!!
- 10-12 Swiss chard leaves – rainbow or rhubarb chard
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil or virgin coconut oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 carrots thinly slices
- 1 red pepper chopped
- Sea salt and fresh ground back pepper to taste
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of crumbled chevre (goat cheese)
- 1 1/2 low sodium (organic) tomato sauce
How to make:
- Cut think ribs of chard and thinly slice stems and set them aside.
- Add cut chard to a pot of boiling water – cook until wilted
- Remove to a baking sheet lined with kitchen towel and spread leaves out – let cool
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat
- Add chard stems, garlic, carrots, red pepper, sea salt and pepper – saute 3-5 mins
- Stir in quinoa then pour in vegetable broth – bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat – 12-15 mins
- Remove from heat and squeeze in lemon juice and stir in goat cheese
- Pour tomato sauce into a casserole dish and set on baking sheet
- Take one chard leaf at a time and spoon in 2 tbsp of quinoa mixture
- Fold bottom sides in and roll to enclose filling
- Place into casserole dish over the tomato sauce
- preheat oven to 375 F and cook for 20-25 minutes
This serves approximately 4 people!